JOIN OUR TEAM - SOLAR LEAD
Solar Lead Job Description:
We are seeking highly motivated, driven individuals who are passionate about bringing local customers environmental and economic benefits of solar power and possess exceptional installation skills with an eye for detail. As lead installer, you will be responsible for the solar installation from beginning to end - supervising crews, coordinating installation times, managing the roof installation, and handling the AC and DC electrical aspects of the project.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Lead, train, and supervise solar installation crews to complete projects in an efficient and professional manor
• Read permit ready plan sets and analyze and provide appropriate solutions should issues arise
• Organize the final permit inspection and promptly solve issues
• Provide thorough documentation of the installation process according to guidelines
• Manage both the roof and the ground crews, with responsibility for electrical tie in and assisting in roof construction
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance, representing Simply Solar with integrity to our customers and the public.
• Understanding and adherence to IBC, NEC, and local Code
• Ability to read construction plan sets and three-line and single-line electric diagrams
• Proper wiring of PV inverters, with grid-tied PV back-feed with line-side or load-side tap or AC breaker
• Install AC and DC disconnects
• Install and troubleshoot PV system monitoring
• Integrity, honesty, and ability to speak with customers
• 3+ Years Solar PV Installation Experience
• 3+ Years solar electrician experience
• 3+ Years solar or construction management experience
• Thorough understanding of AC and DC energy
• Up to date knowledge of NEC
• Exceptional verbal, and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
• Physically able to: handle 40 hour weeks of outdoors work; confidently climb up to 40' ladders; bend conduit pipe; navigate roofs up to 8:12 pitch; lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.; use hand and power tools safely and effectively; work in various positions, such as standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting, often for extended periods of time; work in harsh environments, such as extreme hot and cold, crawl-spaces, roofs, extreme heights, etc.
• Desire to work in a sustainable, cutting edge industry
• College degree preferred, not required.
• Clean driving record, valid CA Driver's license, ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug test
• Usually work outdoors
• Are frequently exposed to high roofs
• Ability to wear protective or safety gear when working
• Are often exposed to hazardous conditions, situations, and equipment that may produce minor cuts or scrapes
• Must be able to maneuver in small, cramped spaces.
• Work environment will include homes and businesses of clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour